Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chicks Dig Scars


We had our first visit to the E.R. last night. I'm thinking this may have been the first of many. Duncan tripped and hit his head on the door hinge. It gives me the willies just thinking about it. It looked so painful. There was quite a bit of blood and I could tell right away he would need stitches. I was a little worried how I would react in this inevitable first E.R. worthy accident, but I thought I stayed fairly calm. Jimmy might disagree, but all I did was bark out a few orders, not go into hysteria.
Sorry if the picture is little gory. We haven't gotten a good one of the stitched up head, yet. Oh yeah, they did conscience sedation and gave him 4 stitches. The sedation was kind of cool. They squirted fluid up his nostrils that made him really out of it but awake. I asked the nurse if I could get some for the plane. Ha ha...Me...drug my child on a plane? NEVER =) (I just wish it actually worked on him!)

2 comments:

MerryPair said...

Poor kid. I can't get over his sad face today. Good thing kids are so resilient!

Danny and Veronica said...

Aaw! Poor little guy. On the bright side he'll probably have lots of hair like the MacDougalls that covers his forehead in the future;)