Saturday, July 16, 2011

Room To Grow and Do Other Stuff Too

Doctor: So you're probably feeling a lot of kicking in your ribs these days.


Me: Actually, no. I mainly feel it in my sides. On both sides...at the same time.

*Cue ultrasound

Doctor: Well that explains why you're not feeling it in your ribs. Your baby is transverse.

Me: That does explain a lot about what I've been feeling.

Doctor: Normally at this far along the baby doesn't have enough room to be in that position.

I then explained to him that my last was breech at 37 weeks and turned on his own. Which made me think...how much room is in there?? I must have a huge uterus with lots of swimming room for these guys to be doing flips up until end. I hope there aren't any little spirits up there waiting to take advantage of all that room and double team me one day! Anyway...not worried a bit because most likely he'll turn on his own and plus the doctor said he thinks he would be easy to turn if we had to...you know, because I'm so "lean". Major points to the Doc for that one which really just made up for the first thing he said when he came in the office, "Looks like you're covering a lot of ground these days." His first comment is always about my size like, "Looks like you're sprouting nicely." What? I'm not sure why he does this. I'll have to remember this when I get his evaluation survey in the mail.

3 comments:

Evaly said...

haha. The life of an OB must be fascinating. No matter what they say, a pregnant woman will not like it :) Hope baby turns for you.

Jamie said...

my babe is transverse, too. Did he show you those exercises to do? I'm supposed to do them 30 min a day, but hello, who has 30 min a day to dedicate to things like exercise? Not I.

Hoping baby will figure it out. She'll have to learn how to do things herself sooner or later, right? :)

Bo said...

Hi Holly,
I've been through a flip with E. It was super easy- a muscle relaxant followed by 3 people pushing on my tummy- took seconds. (Squirmy E didn't stay correct unfortunatly- but that's another story).

ps you're awesome