It's so hard for me to start back blogging when I've taken such a long break. Hopefully this will be all I need to get myself going again. Well, Georgia was fun! Not as hot as I expected. I don't know why everyone complains about southern heat. What a bunch of babies. Just kidding...I must of brought some of this dry air with me -apparently that week was the driest Georgia gets. Oh thank you, weather gods. It was fun seeing my brother and his wife along with their cute kiddos. Duncan loves having big kids to chase and bug. I don't know how much the littlest nephew loved having a little guy around to knock down block towers and take away cars. We figured it was good practice for the baby sister on the way.
The plane ride consisted of a 4 hour flight + 1 hour flight. Each way was similar, just with different stops. Duncan was awake and needed full and exhausting entertaining for both long flights. Then he slept the whole way on both small flights. The long flight there was by far the worst (expect for that changing a really really poopy diaper in an airplane bathroom with no changing table experience, on the long flight home...that was pretty awful). On the long flight there we were jammed pack into what seemed like a smaller than average plane. When the guy in front of me decided it would be a good idea to fully recline into my lap, leaving me and my 18 mos old about a 2 inch perimeter in which to move, I knew it was going to be a marathon. And it was. But we survived and we're home now with no plans to ever fly again with Duncan on my lap.
We enjoyed spending the 4th with Jimmy's folks, S & B, Aunt and cousins at a very very friendly stranger's home. The next morning, Mom & Dad treated us to a yummy breakfast at Blue Plate Diner, where I discovered my new favorite breakfast -eggs benedict. Ohhhhhhhh, how yummy it was. This place was featured on Food Network's "Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives", and is famous for their eggs benedict. I made sure everyone knew how much I was loving my breakfast. Every other bite I would expound on its goodness.
Saturday we saw my parents at my nieces baptism. My niece who just might be the coolest new member of the church. My sister is also in town for like a month. Her husband kicked her out again. I guess it's hard to study for the Bar Exam with a 1 year old around. Anyway, his loss, our gain. We all went to the zoo today and rode the Carousel and the Train (Yeah, I know...WOW!)
So I'm regretting making this so stinkin' long, but there's just so to talk about, like the river trip. Yup, in 2 weeks Jimmy and I get to go on a 4 day rafting trip. My sister's father-in-law is about the nicest guy you'll ever meet and has invited us to go with them on this trip. My mom who is about the nicest lady you'll ever meet is coming up to watch Duncan, which will hopefully make leaving him a little easier. We're really excited. We never do things like this. I'm sure we'll be talking about this in future posts.
The last thing that I just HAVE to say before ending this essay, is......I think Duncan is off the bottle. Yes...he has had a severe drinking problem since about 10 mos and I think he may be turning a corner. =) Of course, we're talking about the baby bottle filled with warm milk that he insists on having before nap time and bed time. 3 sleeps without and I think we may be done. That's one less thing to worry about. Well....thanks enduring to the end. I'm sure you can't imagine what would have happened if you hadn't. All this pointless information....missed.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Falling Out of Habit...
Posted by Holly at 1:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so glad you are back... I missed seeing what you were up to.
Not pointless nonsense... I live right next door and I had no idea Duncan was off the bottle. I'm a horrible aunt.=) It's good to have you and Duncan back I think we all missed you too much!
Yes, we missed you, you are the person I can count on most to talk to on the playground. Two more weeks of school, then I am never going inside the house.
Yay! You're back! Can we play again soon?
Sure...lets play!
I'm glad you're back too! Is your sister still in town? That's great about the river trip. That will be so much fun. And now I really want to try eggs benedict. Also, tomorrow I am officially turning in my final draft to the Dean's office...I know, it's been forever:) But, I am also up for hanging out soon!!
Not one useless word on the page. Blog till it hurts, I say. Hee, hee. I am so happy to hear about the strip to the Georgia cousins. Hope you and Liz are having a blast. Be careful on the river. Wear your life jacket and if you fall out, remember, float with your feet in front of you like you're driving a car.
O.K. , love you, Kelli
Post a Comment