So this is the first year I actually have a kid to get psyched up about Christmas. It is so fun! It's the first time, in a long time, I've been this excited for Christmas. I have always loved Christmas, but as a kid, being the youngest of a big family, I was kind of forced to grow up to soon when it came to Christmas. I don't ever remember believing in Santa, and by the time I was 11, I think I was the only one still really excited about going to get the Christmas tree, and then I would most of the decorating by myself (ok, Liz, so maybe you were still into it a little bit, but you have to admit, I did do most of it). Anyway, my point is, it so fun to see Duncan putting bells on the tree and shaking them, and singing "Jingle Bells". It was so fun to see his face when I plugged in the lights. He doesn't even know about the presents yet! I'm mainly looking forward to the quiet Christmas morning at our house before we head up to be with the rest of the gang. Especially if Bennett is here with us. How cute? The two little boys enjoying their first real Christmas experience together. Ok, I'll stop rambling on about this and go watch a Gilmore Girls episode or two or three or four.
Here are some family pictures you may or may not receive as a Christmas Card (I've definitely caught the "Christmas Spirit" this year but I'm not sure if it's strong enough to carry me all the way through Christmas baking and cards. It's one or the other, I'm afraid). Also, a picture of our tree. It's the only real Christmas decorating we've done. We don't have a whole lot of surfaces to decorate. Anyway, enjoy.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Holly Jolly Christmas
Posted by Holly at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-2.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Looks great. How sad you never believed in Santa... darn brothers.
love the tree and i will totally concede to you having done most of the tree decorating... i honestly don't remember being into tree decorating past the age of 12 or so!!
Cute family pictures! I think the tree is great, especially since ours is made out of paper. Have fun moving and being pregnant - can't you make Jimmy do most of the work?
Such a cute tree! It's hard to get too festive when we're not going to be around, so we got about a foot high fake tree with no lights. Still pretty cute...
Wow, Duncan an Benett look like little men in that picture-so cute:) The tree is cute-I am totally picturing Duncan's face lighting up when he saw it, it's the perfect size for him:)
Well, I for one am glad you did some Christmas baking, those cinnamon rolls were great!
Post a Comment