We have had a busy summer. Jimmy is pretty amazing at working as little as possible. Which is nice. He brings home a paycheck AND I get a summer with my husband. Anway, 2 weeks ago we had tons of family in town for Finlay's blessing. In fact, we had so much family in town, we weren't able to invite all our friends to the big event. I'm so sorry friends. We love you and will think of another way to lure you up to our little cave of an apartment soon.
This little thing was my big project, completed at 2am Sunday morning. It actually didn't take that long. I just didn't start until 11pm, only to realize my sewing scissors were missing. I got back from Wal-mart at midnight.
Here's our little old man baby looking fine and scottish in his family tartan. (and his big brother looking mischievious in his Target tartan)
Well, after having gobs of family around and feeding 50 people we decided we just hadn't had enough. The following Tuesday we headed to Denver for what originally was planned as a "girl's sewing" trip. It turned into a "men's playing with dirt and rocks" trip. Ok, so I wouldn't exactly call it playing, but there was plenty of dirt and rocks.
except for this...this is definitely playing!
and some more playing... This is before the big men turned the sand box into a beautiful patio.
5 comments:
The kilt is awesome! So cute.
Holly, you're a good writer. I love your posts.
Are y'all living back up at the U of U housing? Those buildings in the background of your picture look really familiar! Are you in the 700 court again?
Love your kilt - miss you already.
You did such a good job on this!! You need to make one for me as I have zero skills in this department.=)
Post a Comment