Sunday, October 4, 2009

Duncan Said...

he was begging me to pick him up and carry him to the house and when I refused he sluggishly followed and whined, "I'm running out of
gas!"

He used this one again with Jimmy when he didn't want to walk up the hill. He told Jimmy that his LEGS were running out gas.

At church a few weeks ago we sat on a side bench near the windows. Duncan was playing in the curtains and when I asked him to stop he said impatiently, "I'm just checking the weather, honey." I let him check the weather and he declared it, "beauuuuutiful!"

Tonight we had some friends over. The kids thankfully were keeping themselves entertained in the play room for quite awhile. Eventually someone lost it and we heard screams. Our friend jumped up to tend to it, and said she found Duncan corralling her kid in the corner. We could hear him yelling, "I'll deal with her!"


6 comments:

Seth and Karen said...

I love the things say, do, and pick up. Kind scary how much they get, but also really, really funny!

Mike and Emily said...

I love that kid!

Heather said...

HA HA! I'll deal with her... Holly what goes on at your house?

Jamie said...

I miss me some dunks. :(

Let's get together soon, eh? Let's do dinner sometime - you choose the place

Elizabeth Reid said...

Have you guys run out of gas recently in your car? I think that's hilarious Duncan has picked that up as an excuse.

KP said...

OH Duncan, you never fail to crack me up. Can't wait to see you again kiddo! Wouldn't it be fun if Bennett were here and you both could come play us here in Heber? Love you