Friday, September 26, 2008

Long Walks, Firetrucks and Socks

Today we walked to the fire station for a kind of anticlimactic tour. Duncan wasn't really interested in where the firemen eat and sleep or in fire safety. He did, however, enjoy the big truck, watching the kids spray the big hose and then running under the water. I on the other hand, never really recovered from the walk up the hill to the fire station. The high light of the trip for me was finding the blue sock that had somehow made its way to the inside of my pink shirt. I'm guessing their was a love connection made in the laundry basket.

P.S. Sorry there are no pictures of today's adventure (which included my fabulous sister in law and 2 adorable nieces). I love pictures but hate taking them.

5 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Oh - I love seeing pictures. SO excited to see you guys next month.

Sabrina said...

Don't forget to mention that Duncan explained the whole day's events to us that night!! That was so adorably cute! You guys do so many fun things, I'm so jealous!=)

Elizabeth Reid said...

I love the blue sock in the pink shirt! I feel better knowing stuff like that happens to other people as well.

Amy said...

Holly! Duncan is so adorable. Maybe we should arrange a marriage for he and Ava. We really did miss you in SD. You'll have to come next time we do it.

Carie said...

Hey "Holly Holly" I saw your comment on Amy's blog and tracked you down. It would have been fun to have you along. Your little one is too cute. -Carie