Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Holy Socks!



Duncan has been wearing the same socks since he was about 9 months old. I have to say, these little hanes can stretch like no other. I highly recommend them. Plus, they are a great length. They don't go up too high, so you there's no scrunching involved. I just noticed him sitting there on the couch drinking his milk with that big toe sticking out and couldn't help myself.



As you can see, I've been canning. Why do we call it canning when we are actually using jars? I kept telling people I had to go buy cans (really meaning to say jars, but being thrown off the word, "canning"). Isn't it sad that I had to go buy jars when my mom has tons stored somewhere far away from me? Someday, I too, will be able to go to Sunday dinner at my parents, or drop the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's for the night, or even steal jars from their garage. Someday. We just have to get them to stay in one place long enough to convince us they aren't going to move away as soon as we move in. Anyway, the applesauce is absolutely delicious. You don't even need to add any sugar, it's naturally so sweet. I also canned peaches a couple weeks ago. I'm excited about all my new abilities. I should publicly thank the friend who organized all the fruit pickups and loaned at all the canning equipment and answered my phone calls and all my very very basic canning questions. Thank You!

and yes, I am canning on miniature stove.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

YOUR AMAZING!! You'll have to teach me one day when I actually have a day off from work.=)

Danny and Veronica said...

Yes, I would love a canning teaching session as well. Maybe you can give that away like Sabrina's giving away a photo session:) If you decide to, I'm signing up for sure. Also, I love how Duncan is nonchalantly pointing at his toe in a somewhat distracted way-very cool:)

KP said...

Seriously Holly Dolly, you are so dang capable what with your canning, sewing, blogging, waking up hills. Man! I wish I could come back in the next life as your little sister! I love you! Hope you are feeling o.k.