Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My First Tag

So I was reading someone's post after being "tagged" and started feel bad because I had never been tagged. Thank you Heather for putting an end to this pity party. I really am afraid I won't be able to think of 7 random or weird things about myself. If I get stuck I will just ask my husband. He thinks I do a lot of random and weird things.

1. Cry at Christmas. I know a lot of people probably get emotional around the holidays, but I take it to a new level. I cry on Christmas morning -amidst all the present opening. It all started with a very very sad ankle length, sweatshirt style, puppy dog adorned nightgown, when I was 16. It was the last present I opened, and to my mom's horror, I burst out in tears as soon as I saw the thing. Since that Christmas, I have cried every Christmas morning. Even at the in-laws. It really is embarrassing.

2. My husband calls me slack jaw because of my inability to keep my mouth closed. Literally -I am not able to keep my lips together for more than a minute or two. And this isn't because I'm busy talking. It just runs in the family. Our mouths are not designed to maintain a closed resting position. The worst part is that it eventually gets wider and wider until my husband has to make a hand gesture which is code for, "CLOSE YOUR MOUTH".

3. I can sit on the couch and read cook books for hours and still not feel like making dinner.

4. I am riding on an RV to Oklahoma for my sister's wedding with my parents, grandpa, 2 sisters and possibly 1 brother. How random is that?

5. I don't handle discomfort well. I'm not the type to grin and bare it. Be it air temperature, brightness of a room, the fit of a shirt, or some off odor, if I'm uncomfortable, it's hard for me to focus on anything else. Jimmy just loooooves this about me. =) I'm able to mask my discomfort a little if I'm in an unfamiliar crowd, but get me around those I love and everyone will know my misery. I think I passed this on to Duncan.

6. I care way too much about what people think. I analyze to death things I said and how someone might have taken something. I eventually, like with a lot of things, have to tell myself to just let it go. I try really hard to appear mellow.

7. I'm pregnant and due at the end of April. I know this isn't weird or very random, but I realized that I hadn't mentioned it on the blog yet.

I tag Sabrina, Emily and Veronica

5 comments:

Heather said...

Well, I'm always here to bust you out of a pity party.

Were you in NM for that Christmas, I don't remember hearing that story.

And which sister is getting married??

Danny and Veronica said...

Thanks for the tag! I was feeling left out too:)

Danny and Veronica said...

Oh yah, I've been dying to know if, now that you have blogged about being pregnant, you are going to put up one of those baby widgets? I am neutral on the subject:)

Elizabeth Reid said...

Congrats on being pregnant! I say this Christmas you blame being emotional on your pregnancy. :)

The Pierces said...

You're pregnant?!!! We'll congrats! You're on your own with this pregnancy, girl. =) Luke's all I can handle for at least another few years!