So I'm fortunate enough to have a husband who is more of a morning person than I am (not too difficult considering I could never be considered anything remotely close to a "morning person"). He is more than willing to wake up with Duncan but,unfortunately, Duncan typically doesn't want anything to do with him in the morning. Most mornings I wake up to Duncan crawling in bed with me, wrapping his arms around my neck and kicking, until I realize there will be no more sleeping and give into his requests for "MOMMY". Well, this morning I could hear Jimmy making a noble attempt to keep Duncan out of the room. I knew there was a bowl of cereal already poured and waiting for him but Duncan insisted that I get him cereal. Finally, I looked him straight in the eye and said,
"Duncan, do you want Grouchy Mommy or Happy Mommy. If I get up right now you get Grouch Mommy. If you go eat your cereal and let me sleep a little bit longer, you will get Happy Mommy. So, who do you want?"
He thought about it then replied,"Happy Mommy," and walked out and into the kitchen to eat his cereal. 15 minutes later, just as promised, Happy Mommy made her morning appearance.
Happy Mommy participating.
8 comments:
Smart boy. Please bless that my child is as wise.
kids really do get it :)
That's the cutest story I ever heard!
Good choice Duncan!
Oh, they learn so young that a grouchy mommy can ruin their lives! yeah for Duncan for making the "right" choice.
That is SOOO FUNNY! I love it!
Good idea! I'm going to try that the next time I want to sleep a bit longer.
I am laughing hysterically!! Holly, you happy and smart!
Post a Comment