Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner Conversation with Duncan


So Dinner began like this. Lovely, huh? I was very proud of my awesome presentation so I thought I would take a picture. The following is what occurred there after. Well, as much as I could remember to write down.

Duncan: I don't like it.

Mom: It's just cheese on top, honey. See? (mixes up cheese and noodles)

Duncan: Oh. I need a bib. (eat, eats, gobble, gobbles)

Duncan: I need a spoon. (puts aside fork)

Mom: Why?

Duncan: Um....(thinks real hard) 'cause my plate is blue.

Mom: Ok. (gets spoon)

Duncan: We eating lunch?

Mom: No. We're eating Dinner. We eat lunch before nap and eat dinner after nap.

Duncan: Oh. I need a fork to eat my pasta.(receives fork, eat eats, gobble gobbles)

Mom: After dinner we're going to go to the bookstore, then home to read our
new books and then to bed.

Duncan: We going to the library?

Mom: No. We borrow books from the library and buy books from the bookstore that
we get to take home and keep forever.

Duncan: And put in my bookcase? In my warm house?

Mom: ...yup, in your warm house.

Duncan: Bennett is my cousin. He is ache in his belly. (*day before, Duncan was
told that Bennett had a sick belly)
Mom: I think he is all better now.

Duncan: He was wrestling?

Mom: (writes frantically to capture cuteness of moment)

Duncan: You spelling a word? You counting numbers? (takes off bib)

Mom: You all done?

Duncan: There's a pea in my bib.

Mom: What are you going to do?

Duncan: Take it out. (dumps pea out) I dump it out on the floor. (giggles).



*Sorry if this seems mundane. It's what keeps me smiling.

6 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

So cute. Sometimes I need a spoon because my plate is blue too...

Heather said...

It's nice to have someone to converse with.

Ty & Em said...

that is so cute! Thanks for letting us come over and play today! Brody keeps telling me that Duncan is his friend! Thanks again for inviting us!

Tami said...

So funny- not many entries make me laugh as much as Duncan entries! His little wheels in his brain are just turning- to think that he only just turned 2!

Amy said...

I thought that was hilarious. I love little kids. Can't wait til Ava starts talking.

KP said...

I could read this forever!