This is an impressive game Duncan likes to play. He actually listens for the sounds. He hasn't just memorized what words start with. We have talked about "SH" sound but I had never asked him what an SH word started with. I was pretty impressed.
So once your child starts talking, you start to learn a lot about yourself and how you communicate. I realized my passive aggressive tone and my need to qualify everything. Duncan says things like, "Could you please not do that, Mom," or"Penguins are really pretty silly." Duncan says, "really pretty" or "kind of a bit" way too much.
Also, the other day we were looking through a little preschool coloring book when Duncan spotted a picture of a boy doing laundry. In his "that's totally ridiculous" voice he said, "Boys don't do laundry. Boys watch commercials and shows." Yikes!!
8 comments:
So funny, especially the last part. He's a little genius.
I agree with the genius comment. Did you take some special kind of smarty pants pills when you were pregnant with him??
Ha ha =) Just the cheapest pre-natals from Walmart. Who would have thought, huh?
The boys and I were stunned by this! Oh my word, what a little smarty pants! I can hardly stand not being there for every little thing much less the big ones, like baby.
Weeping.
Love you
I like that he's learning Spanish:)
ha ha...i bet daddy is proud!!!
Way to set the example, Jimmy!!! (only kidding...or am I?)
Wow I'm around him everyday and I'm still amazed! I saw that Jimmy did the laundry the other and Duncan was with him;)
Post a Comment