Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Little Bit of Sleep, A Whole Lot of Food

That pretty much sums up my life right now, although I can't complain too much about either.  The sleep is limited but still more abundant than to first time around. The food is plentiful for both mom and baby. Good for our bellies, not so good for mom's boobies...OUCH!


I got to rock Duncan to sleep last night.  I cried.  I realized how much I've missed those every day tender moments with my "baby". I've been out of commission since I started having the contractions on Wednesday, and we've both felt the loss. I look forward to assuming some of my mommy duties again (not all of them, but some). 

Finlay is great!  He had two amazing long stretches last night. He was a pokey eater at first but has picked up.  Much to my relief. Yesterday, I literally had aching watermelons on my chest. Today is much better so...things are looking up! 

Well, we're off to a Dr's appointment. I can't believe I'm wearing jeans. 2 sizes bigger than my regular size, but still.  Go ME! 

5 comments:

Seth and Karen said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. You are doing great on your jean size, you got me beat and my baby's 7 months! I hope your front side gets better. That is never fun. Keep the lanonin (sp?) close.

Jamie said...

I saw you walking across the playground today, you looked amazing. Really - I couldn't tell you just had a baby. I'm jealous. If you need anything, please (!) let me know :)

Holly said...

I just read over my post and realized how lame it is to congratulate myself. I should just thank the gene pool and Duncan and leave it at that.

Danny and Veronica said...

No way, totally celebrate! You've accomplished quite a lot this week, you deserve it:) Glad to hear Finlay is doing well-can't wait to meet him!

Elizabeth Reid said...

He is such a cutie! And good luck with your watermelons. I feel your pain.