So here is the beginning of a list of things that I don't think I would have done or at least made a habit of doing before mommyhood hit.
1. Wear workout clothes all day without any REAL intention of working out...that is unless you count the trip to the grocery store. I mean, I did break a sweat.
2. Realize I have a poo stain on my nice white shirt and don't really feel the need to change. (I guess this should be #3 and #2 should be...HAVE A POO STAIN ON SHIRT...gross )
3. Similar to the last, number three is to realize that I've had crusty dried food on my arm or neck or anywhere pretty noticeable, all day long, and not really give it a second thought. I remember a time when that would have mortified me. Of course, I've been plagued by chronic embarrassment since I can remember. Apparently when I was 3 and riding in the car with my mom, she accidentally switched the windshield wipers on when it wasn't raining and couldn't get them off (OH, the horror!), and I told her that I was so embarrassed.
4. Consider valuable "me" time as pretty much any activity void of a whiny child at my feet.
5. It's late...I'll add to this later.
6. It's the next day and I thought of another one: Pick someone else's nose.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
I used to care so much...
Posted by Holly at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Um...yeah. I NEVER used to leave the house, or really let anyone see me without having showered, fixed my hair and applied makeup, and leaving the house in workout clothes was absolutely not happening. I held to my standards pretty well until I had 2 kids, now half the time I wear what's comfortable, makeup is optional, and I only fix my hair for special ocassions. And hello, any time the kids are screaming in a room other than the one I am in, and are not pulling on some part of my body or my clothes is great "me" time. What have we come to?
Oh, the things to look forward to...
Ditto...
Holly,
It's karen (Tenney) Miller. I was on Amy's blog and found you! I'm so glad. I love your list of nevers because it is wuch an everyday Fact of life now. I hope to hear from you soon and catch up. What is your last name now? Check us out at sethandkaren.blogspot.com
I totally agree! Oh, motherhood.
Post a Comment