Monday, November 23, 2009

What year is it again?

2009? Really? Because I find it hard to believe that it's almost 2010 and we haven't found a better way for plantar wart removal. I should probably be too embarrassed to discuss the topic but...I'm not. This suspicious little thing has been hurting so bad the past few weeks. I had to wear Crocs to the mall. I already felt like a frumpy dumpy mom and completely out of place. The Crocs, I'm sure were the convincing footwear for anyone who might have thought I might have been cool once.


So, I finally made an appointment with a Family Doctor. He tells me that they need to shoot liquid nitrogen on the wart to freeze it out. Ok, I can take a bit of pain. Then he says that in a few hours a huge blister will form and I'll have to walk on this blister, which will hurt. Ok...a little bit more pain. I can handle it. Then he says that this will last a WEEK. Ok, now I'm getting confused. A WEEK? And then he says after a few more weeks I need to come back and do it all over again. Alright, alright...this has to be a joke. 2010? Really? It's going to take weeks of some serious pain and discomfort to get rid of a freakin' wart? Anyway, I'm in the "waiting for a blister" stage. You wouldn't believe the pain. Now, when someone asks why I'm limping I'll have to gross them out by saying, "I HAVE A WART."

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's no good.

Mike and Emily said...

Seriously, Holly. Only witches have warts...so....BURN HER!!!

Kidding. I have one too that won't go away. I hate them. They are such socially taboo items!

Unknown said...

ok, when I was 5 I had them all over my hands and a friend told me to rub them with a bean, plant that bean in a dirty washcloth and when it sprouted they would be gone.What do you know, it worked! Not sure why!

brumacd said...

ouch!! I'm sorry! That really sounds like NO fun and why does it have to happen during the busiest time of year for you guys?! Let me know if i can do anything.=)

Side note...I know this sounds gross but I kind of want to see it...=)

The Pierces said...

Had one before when I was dancing. Worst pain ever. But once it's gone, it's worth it. Mine never came back! It was on my big toe.

Cute family picture. We can't get much out of Luke either!

Melissa Barton said...

Hollz:

I had a plantar's wart on my big toe back in sixth grade and I can tell you, it was PAINFUL. Well, I am sure you are familiar with with my penchant for "self sufficiency" (i.e., filing my own front teeth, etc.) In like fashion, I "self-operated" on one I had as follows:

You will need one hot/wet washcloth, one set of tweezers, and hydrogen peroxide/rubbing alcohol. Get skin around wart soft by soaking with hot wet washcloth. Sanitize tweezers. When wart is soft and nubby, dig into wart and pull out dark strings with sharp tweezers. There are several dark patches that make up the wart that grow in a string-like configuration. Once you have the dark strings out to the best of your ability, douse the area with hydrogen peroxide until no more bubbling occurs. Then daily put on hydrogen peroxide and counter with rubbing alcohol until it dries up and heals. Remember, keep that foot dry and throw away your favorite shoes that you wear (a lot) without your socks!! That may be where it came from :(

I know this is disgusting on some level, but it worked for me and wasn't painful when it was all over with. It was on my big toe and I did it when only 11 years old!