Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Best Thing I Did for Christmas

Have you ever read the Winnie the Pooh book, "Friendship Day"? In the book they are all getting ready to celebrate Friendship Day by making something special for their friends. Eeyore can't think of anything to do for his friends but with the help of Christopher Robin he comes up with the idea to make them all Friendship Day Ribbons. Well, I totally stole Eeyore's idea this year. I made ribbons for all the family and asked Duncan why each person should get an award. Then I wrote #1 whatever using what Duncan said. Duncan was so excited to give them out and everyone loved them. I was so worried about helping Duncan understand that Christmas is about thinking of others, but I think I may have accomplished at least that one thing on my Christmas TO DO list. Plus, Duncan came up with some pretty funny awards. My sister-in-law got #1 Hair Brusher because she has 3 little girls with lots of hair that she's always brushing.

from top to bottom, left to right: #1 Hugger, #1 Hair Brusher, #1 Worker, #1 Truck Getter, #1 Player, #1 Iguana Keeper, #1 First Grader, #1 Rider in the Car, #1 Cooker

2 comments:

Heather said...

How funny! That's a fun idea, and I love what he came up with. Is Liz your #1 cooker?? ;)

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

ALL PEOPLE KNOW... I was gravely ill when this photo was taken.. (though I have looked worse when not ill but I still think it should be known).. liz