Monday, March 7, 2011

Tough Decision

Well, I decided to keep blogging but that wasn't really the tough decision. I like an audience just as much as the next person...sometimes. I'm just going to monitor my time more carefully (I need to get a timer!). The really tough decision I'm talking about is deciding what color scheme to go with in my living room. I've been going between 3 different options for a few months now I've made a decision. I'm not one to need a nicely decorated home to be happy but I really do need something. At least pictures on the wall and some pleasing throw pillows. Anyway, I found this fabric with yellow flowers, gray leaves and little sea foam (the color of my couch) flowers. I fell in love, but kept telling myself it was not me, or the color scheme was too trendy or modern for us. It's funny I was telling myself that while at the same time telling myself that I just need to pick one thing I really like and go from there. Finally the light bulb came on and I made some pillows out of my dear fabric and the ideas started flowing.

I made silhouettes of the boys and paired them with some Ikea frames I had, biding their time for this exact moment. Finally, something on the wall that I really like and pillows that inspire me. Just a start, but it's just what I needed. The other pillows are gray but blend too much with the couch, so they'll probably find a permanent home on the ugly brown chairs (after I cover them) that are too hideous to show. It just feels good to have ideas. I starting to think that I just couldn't do it but there's some hope now. I might be asking some opinions on things as more project develop.


7 comments:

Heather said...

It looks great. I use this timer for my kids when they want to play a game on the computer... nice because it has an audio alarm.

http://www.easysurf.cc/mtimer.htm

Amy said...

I. Love. It. It looks so great! I'm loving the grey/yellow color scheme these days. Oh and I'm really glad you decided not to stop blogging. :) But I totally know what you mean. I'm always comparing myself to other women on their blogs and it's definitely not healthy.

Amanda said...

i love it also! how did you do the silohette thing? did you do it yourself?

Evaly said...

They turned out so cute!

Tami said...

Those silhouettes look too grown up to be your boys! Isn't it amazing what some throw pillows can do? Very cute!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a great fabric choice - easy to see why you loved it!

Alison said...

It looks great! I need to get some throw pillows too.